This cross-platform software has significantly changed the music world. It gathered fans by turning ordinary instruments into all-powerful performance machines while still embracing the oldest principle of electronic music. So, if you are looking for a future career in DJing, start your training with Live now. Here are some of the things this innovative application software does:
Take a look at these resources for more useful ideas.
1) Provides views of both session and arrangement. The first is built for performance and jamming, while the second is for song building.
2) Allows audio and MIDI clips. These core components can be recorded, edited, looped, stretched, automated, processed, and so on through Live.
3) Enables warping. By inserting warp markets, sound clip's timing can be changed. A drum hit, for example, can be moved for it to fall exactly on a beat. It also allows changes to the tempo and audio rhythmic nature.
4) Stretches time algorithms for a range of materials. Yes, you can stretch the length of time by which audio clips can play, enabling you to make some interesting sounds.
5) Creates effects. Live comes with a suit of device. This include the audio effects (e.g. auto filter), MIDI effects (e.g. Arpeggiator), and four instruments, namely Impluse, Simpler, Operator, and Sampler.
6) Enables collage style editing. Sounds from different sources and of varying formats and sample rate can be combined and manipulated in real time, giving you more music variety.
7) Allows multi-track recording. Yes, you can record multiple tracks simultaneously in as many as you can handle without hitting the 'stop' button.
8) Provides good routing options. The software has the simplest and comprehensive routing system around. The task can be performed with just a few clicks.
9) Has tap tempo. This feature makes matching beats easier, which is very useful for DJs and players working alongside real instruments.
10) Allows synchronisation with other music software such as Cubase, Logic, and Reason, enabling you to exploit to the best qualities and features of different applications.
Ableton Live can do everything you want it to if you know how to use it. So, check out our tutorials now!